Mac and Cheese is a long-time favorite of millions of people. There’s something about this comfort food that not only brings us back to our childhood, but reminds us of how food can be simple and delicious. While I enjoy Mac and Cheese all year-round, Fall is one of my favorite times of year to enjoy this old-fashioned favorite. It can be eaten for lunch, dinner, at parties, and I’ll admit, I’ve had it for breakfast too! It’s sooo good! Get this flavorful recipe by reading more below:
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 15 cooked meatballs (homemade or frozen and defrosted)
- 5 wooden skewers or wooden craft sticks
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter, if desired
- 1 strand string cheese
- 1 can chopped black olives
- For dipping, you can use pasta sauce, barbecue sauce, ketchup, and/or mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the pizza dough into 1/4-inch wide strips.
- Thread 3 meatballs onto each skewer to hold meatballs in place.
- Wrap and criss-cross the stripes of dough around the meatballs, leaving a small portion of the meatball exposed at the top end where the eyes will be placed.
- Place mummy meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the mummies are baking, create 5 pairs of eyes. Slice string cheese into 1/8 inch thick circles. Place a piece of chopped olive onto each circle of string cheese. Set aside until the mummies come our of the oven then add the eyes to each mummy’s face.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter if desired. Place a set of eyes* onto each mummy’s face.
- Drizzle with ketchup or other dipping sauce of choice to make them look even more scary!
- Serve hot and with an array of dipping sauces.
All ingredients available at your local Mollie Stone’s Markets. Locate your closest store here: http://bit.ly/MollieLocations
Don’t forget to share photos of your food creations with us by using the hashtag #CookingWithMollies on Instagram or Twitter.
Get all of your food staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.
Enjoy and Happy Halloween!