It’s almost that time of year again where almost everyone you know fires up the grill of their 4th of July celebrations! There’s no better way to celebrate than with a Firecracker Chicken Burger!
- 3-4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, loosely packed
- 1 cup micro greens
- 1 cup lettuce or mixed greens
- 4 whole wheat buns or large lettuce leafs if you’re going low-carb
- 4 slices of your preferred cheese (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- If needed, pound the chicken breasts so that they get to your desired thickness.
- Mixed together the curry, jerk seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl to make a dry rub. Then coast each of the chicken breasts with it to your desired taste.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill directly over medium heat and cover for 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally until thoroughly cooked. If you’re adding cheese, do so in the last minute of cooking.
- While the chicken breasts are grilling, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, ketchup, lime juice, lime zest and salt in bowl and set aside.
- Spread the sauce on the buns or lettuce leaves. Place the chicken breast over each bun or leaf. Top with more sauce and micro greens.
Be sure to share your favorite recipes with us in the comments below! Share your Firecracker Chicken Burger photos with us by posting onto our Facebook page or using the hashtag #CookingWithMollies on Instagram or Twitter.
Get all of your food staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.
Happy 4th of July!