Peonies are a flower that are only available locally for a very short time and depending on the weather sometimes bloom in time for Mother’s Day – this Mother’s Day is one of those lucky times!
Peonies are known as the “Queen of Flowers” and your mother will feel like royalty when you treat her to these full-bloom beauties.
Our peonies come out of the Pacific Northwest and are available in pinks, whites, reds and burgundy.
The farm we source our peonies from has let us know that this year’s crop is full of particularly large and beautiful flowers.
Each stem will produce tightly packed flowers featuring several beautiful layers of feathery petals for a beautifully lush look.
Did you know?
- Peonies grow in every color except for the color blue.
- These power blooms can survive for up to 100 years under the right conditions.
- Although these flowers can stand the test of time their season is short and only stretches from the end of April to the beginning of June!
- When that short season does come around you can expect flowers up to 10 inches in diameter – wow!
- All peonies are fragrant in nature however it’s said that the lighter pink peonies produce more fragrance than the darker maroon ones.
- With this strong scent also come a great benefit. If you decide to grow peonies of your own – they are deer resistant! The beautiful smell is too strong for deer and is not a delicious treat in any way.
Come visit your local Mollie Stone’s Market’s today to get a hold of these bountiful blooms for mom, a loved one – and don’t forget to pick up a bouquet for yourself too!