We are proud to be celebrating this Tequila Day with our friends at Casamigos! Now is the best time to #treatyourself to this small batch and ultra-premium tequila brand.
Tequila-filled nights with friends is how this label was born. Casamigos was founded by longtime friends George Clooney, Rande Gerber, and Michael Meldman, and this weekend is the perfect occasion to bring this House of Friends (Casamigos) into your home!
Their tequilas are only made from the finest hand-selected 100% Blue Weber agaves grown in the rich red clay soil and cool climate of Mexico’s Jalisco Highlands for a minimum of seven years.
- Casamigos Blanco Tequila, rests for 2 months and is crisp and clean with subtle hints of citrus, vanilla and sweet agave with a smooth finish.
- Casamigos Reposado Tequila, aged 7 months, is soft, slightly oaky with hints of caramel and cocoa and has a silky texture with a medium to long smooth finish.
- Casamigos Añejo Tequila, aged 14 months, has a beautifully pure and refined complex aroma with soft caramel and vanilla notes. It’s the perfect balance of sweetness from the Blue Weber agaves, layered with barrel oak and subtle hints of spice with a lingering smooth finish.
For our Mezcal lovers, Casamigos was acquired by Diageo in 2017 and launched Casamigos Mezcal in 2018.
Made in Oaxaca, Mexico with 100% Espadín Agaves, Casamigos Mezcal (Joven) rests up to 2 months and is balanced, and elegant with hints of tamarind and pomegranate aromas that are followed by herbal tones of fresh mint and dried oregano. Delicate notes of smoke and black pepper lead to a long silky finish.
Casamigos has garnered the highest accolades from the spirit industry’s most well-respected authority figures and we are proud to have the Casamigos family of spirits on our store shelves. Bring this House of Friends (Casamigos) into your home this weekend and try this margarita recipe to get the celebrations started!
Pineapple Cilantro Margarita
- 2 oz. Casamigos Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz. Pineapple Juice
- .5 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- .5 oz. Simple Syrup
- 8-10 Cilantro Leaves
- 1/2 Thick Rim Equal Parts Sugar/Salt/Cilantro*
- Garnish with 2 Pineapple Leaves and Serrano Slice
Wet rim of rocks glass with lime wedge and dip into salt mixture. Combine all ingredients into tin shaker. Add ice, shake vigorously and strain into rimmed rocks glass. Add fresh ice and garnish.
*To Make Cilantro Salt – Dice up fresh cilantro leaves into small pieces. Put on baking sheet and place in oven at 225 degrees for 20 min to dry out. Add more time if needed, but be careful not to burn. Once completely dry, put cilantro contents into your fingers and break into small grain-like pieces. Then add equal parts white granulated sugar and kosher salt.
To learn more about Casamigos visit www.casamigos.com.
Find Casamigos Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo Tequila in our Spirit Aisles today.