The holidays are my favorite time of year to enjoy all of those festive sweet treats! Here is a super easy recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars…perfect to make for the holidays!
- 2 sticks of butter (make sure these are at room temperature)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Holiday Mint M&Ms, add as much as you want (I use about 1 cup in the cookie dough and 1/2 cup to press onto the top)
- Mint Chocolate Chips, add as much as you want (I use about 3/4 cup in the cookie dough and 1/3-1/2 cup to press onto the top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit with the lowest rack ready for baking.
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil and spray coconut oil (or your choice of non-stick spray) to keep the cookies from sticking.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until you get a fluffy texture (like sand).
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Continue mixing.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix at a slow speed until you get a cookie dough-like consistency.
- Fold in the Holiday Mint M&Ms and Mint Chocolate Chips, making sure that they are distributed evenly throughout the dough.
- Transfer to the baking pan and top with the remaining Holiday Mint M&Ms and Mint Chocolate Chips, slightly pressing them into the dough with the flatter side of a spoon or a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. To test if it’s ready, carefully stick a fork into the the cookies. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. Make sure not to let the top burn as it should be a nice golden color.
- Carefully remove from the oven and let it cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Enjoy with your favorite holiday drink!
The recipe should make 12-24 bars, so make them as small or as large as you want when cutting them.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Bake Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins
What’s your favorite holiday cookie recipe? Share it with us in the comments below! Be sure to share your baking photos with us on Facebook or by using the hashtag #BakingWithMollies on Instagram and Twitter.
Get all of your holiday staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.
Words, recipe, & photography by: Teresita Santos