As the temperature rises, so does our thirst. But did you know that by the time you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated? As the weather becomes warmer, it is more important than ever to stay properly hydrated. Not only does water regulate your body temperature and help you sweat, it prevents fatigue so that you can enjoy activities in the sun.
Read on for more hydration benefits Camelbak shared with us.
Top reasons to hydrate include:
- Boosts energy naturally without caffeine or sugar.
- Radiant skin: hydrated skins looks younger because your skin is the first place to lose water.
- Increases endurance: hydration keeps your heart rate lower for longer.
- Stress recovery.
- Improves mood.
- Weight loss: dehydration can often be mistaken for hunger. Drink up before reaching for an empty calorie snack.
- Boosts immunity.
- Flushes toxins from the system & keeps your GI tract healthy and regular.
- Lubricates joints.
- Converts food to components needed for survival and forms saliva to aid digestion.
- Helps deliver oxygen all over the body.
- Improves concentration: water manufactures hormones and neurotransmitters in the brain.
Whew! With all these reasons to hydrate, there’s no excuse not to make your reusable water bottle your new best friend. But how much water should you be drinking? Enter your info into CamelBak’s Hydration Calculator and find your magic number.
Here’s to happy hydration!