The beer cocktail trend sprang up in late 2013, with many restaurants adding them to their bar menus. Beer has become so much more sophisticated in recent years, with a large variety of flavors, types of hops, and styles, that it was bound to make its way into cocktails. If you like the flavor of stout but can’t finish an entire pint, try mixing with a liquor for an adventure in complex flavors.
We’ve searched through beer cocktail recommendations that our staff have made or drank, and have some interesting recipes to share with our customers.
1. SNAKEBITE – This is a great drink for Fall!
- 1/2 bottle Trumer Pils, a German style pilsner
- 1/2 bottle Magner Irish Cider
Pour the cider into a pint glass. Pour the stout very slowly over the back of a wide bar spoon, so that the beer sits on top of the cider.
2. KILEY’S KREME SODA
An Original Recipe from our Resident Beer Expert Kiley
- 1 shot Ginger Liquor or Bundaberg Ginger Beer
- 1 shot Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
- 1 cup Sierra Nevada Stout
- Splash of half and half (optional)
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add each ingredient in order of list.
3. THE MICHELADA – This is an interesting alternative to a traditional margarita!
Makes 2 drinks
- 2 teaspoons honey (for rims of glasses)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- 2 cups Mexican beer (we recommend Montejo Mexican Beer)
Mix paprika and cayenne together. Then mix in sauces together with spices. Add 2 cups of beer, put in shaker, and shake thoroughly. Pour into honey-rimmed glasses (salt can be added to rim as well), with ice. Sprinkle a little black pepper.
4. BLACK VELVET
- 1/2 pint Boulevard Imperial Stout
- 1/2 pint sparkling wine (Montechiara Prosecco or Segura Viudas Cava)
- A splash of Crème de Cassis liqueur
Fill a pint glass halfway with stout and top up slowly with sparkling wine. Add a splash of Crème de Cassis liqueur, stir gently.
Get all of your food staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.
Be sure to share your cocktail recipes with us in the comments below! Don’t forget to share your photos with us by posting onto our Facebook page or using the hashtag #SayCheersWithMollies on Instagram or Twitter.
Be sure to follow us on social media!
Enjoy and remember to please drink responsibly!