It’s National Strawberry Month and Rhubarbs are in peak season! Strawberry and Rhubarb…one of our favorite pie combinations! Our resident baking enthusiast, Cathy, has shared her delicious recipe for this pie classic:
- 1 recipe homemade or pre-made, refrigerated double pie crust
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup small tapioca
- 1/4 butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss strawberries and rhubarb together with sugar and tapioca.
- Roll out dough, line pie plate with one crust. Pour in fruit and dot with pats of butter.
- Roll out second dough and slice in 1- inch strips. Lay half of the strips on top of the pie filling, all in one direction; then weave remainder of strips in alternate direction to create a lattice top.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until fruit is bubbling. Cool several hours, then serve and enjoy!
Cook’s Note: Delicious with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
What’s your favorite Spring pie recipe? Be sure to share your favorite recipes with us in the comments below! Share your Strawberry Rhubarb Pie creations with us by posting photos onto our Facebook page or using the hashtag #CookingWithMollies on Instagram or Twitter.
Get all of your food staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.