Now that Hatch Chile season has started, we’re excited to share more recipes from Melissa’s Hatch Chile Cookbook. We can’t get enough of these amazing chiles and we hope you enjoy them. Don’t forget, the season for Hatch Chiles isn’t a long one so you’ll want to stock up so you can enjoy these bad boys all year round.
- 4 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cheddar or Jack cheese
- 3 Hatch Chiles, roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- Mollie’s Own Salsa, for serving
- Prepare a grill or broiler to high heat. Lay 1 tortilla on a large plate or flat work surface. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and half of the chiles. Cover with another tortilla and set aside. Repeat for the remaining 2 tortillas.
- Carefully transfer the filled tortillas to the grill and cook, turning once, until they are nicely marked on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6-8 wedges to serve as an appetizer; leave whole to serve as 2 individual portions. Serve with Mollie’s Own Salsa.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Add salt to taste, bring to a boil, and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. Mash the potatoes and set aside to cool briefly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and saute until they are softened and lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Add the onions to the potatoes.
Hatch Chiles are in all Mollie Stone’s Markets now! We will be having Hatch Chile Roast events throughout August and September. Check out the schedule and find out how to pre-order here.
Be sure to share your favorite Hatch Chiles recipes with us in the comments below! Share your Hatch Chile Grilled Quesadilla photos with us by posting onto our Facebook page or using the hashtag #CookingWithMollies on Instagram or Twitter.
Get all of your food staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.
Happy Hatch Chile season!