Everyone is looking for new ways to be heart-healthy this month and we want to share with you ways to eat smarter with California Walnuts!
Did you know that walnuts are a heart-healthy food, certified through the American Heart Association’s Heart-Check program? With it’s rich source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids walnuts can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels and decrease blood pressure, two of the major risk factors for heart disease.
Below are some of our favorite ways you can incorporate walnuts into your life everyday:
- Sprinkle over a salad for that extra crunch.
- Top your avocado toasts for the ultimate heart-healthy snack.
- Mix into your favorite bowl of oatmeal.
- No coleslaw is complete without a hearty helping of walnuts.
- Use in your favorite pesto or Romesco sauce recipe.
- Bake into your next crowd pleasing banana bread or sweet treat.
Check out our favorite recipe this month: Ricotta, Banana, Walnut and Honey Toast
To learn more American Heart Association® Heart-Check Mark Certified Recipes as well as more information on this heart health all-star Click Here
To get all of your American Heart Month needs delivered in 2 hours or less Click Here
*All informational text adapted from walnuts.org