Why Raw Milk Cheese?:
- Raw milk cheese yields many benefits in each wonderful bite! Without the addition of the pasteurization process these cheeses can maintain their proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, cholesterol, and beneficial bacteria (probiotics) in ways that pasteurized cheese can not.
- Also an additional advantage to skipping the pasteurization process is you can expect a much deeper and bolder flavor in your raw milk cheese selections.
- Has all 8 of the essential amino acids!
In celebration, pick up a wedge of Sorella’s Parmigiano Reggiano in our Cheese Department.
This King of Cheeses is produced from raw cows milk with no treatments or additives of any kind. It is aged for 24 months and a wheel typically weighs about 75 pounds. The cheeses are inspected every 8-10 months during the 22-24 month aging process.
Only those passing inspections are then branded.
It is perfect for pasta, risotto, soups and salads or makes a tasty snack!
Pairs well with medium reds: Merlot or Pinot Noir or a crisp Chardonnay.
Try a classic recipe for #rawmilkcheese day!
Roasted Asparagus and Parm:
- 1lb Asparagus medium size
- 1 tablespoon Mollie’s Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Zest of two lemons
- 2 oz. shredded or shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
- Coarse pepper to taste
Wash and trim asparagus. Pat dry with paper towel and toss lightly with Mollie’s Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add salt, pepper and zest. Toss and lay in a single layer in shallow pan.
Roast in 350 degree oven. 4-5 minutes. Watch carefully.
Add cheese and toss lightly.