It’s the season for dyed eggs! Look no further than your local Mollie Stone’s Produce Department. Our fresh selection is full of natural dyes. Use this year’s spring celebration to educate about the benefits of egg dye alternatives!
• Natural dyeing agents (red cabbage,
turmeric, onion skins, and beets )
• 3-quart pot (or larger)
• White vinegar
• Small bowls
• 1 Dozen Mollie’s Cage-Free Eggs
• Paper towels
- Select a dyeing agent, and place it in the pot. Add 1 quart water and 2 tablespoons white vinegar to the pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat. Allow the ingredients to simmer for 30 minutes. Strain dye into a bowl.
- Drop raw eggs in a pot of strained dye.
*Refer to soaking instructions depending on desired color indicated in the chart above.
- Remove eggs with tongs, pat dry with paper towels, and let dry on a rack.