This Labor Day Weekend add an extra kick to your classic Backyard Chili with Hatch Chiles!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 Tbsps. Mollie O Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Melissa’s Perfect Sweet Onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bottle porter style beer
- 3⁄4 pound ground beef
- 2 Hatch peppers, roasted; peeled; seeded; diced
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans whole tomatoes
- 3 packages Melissa’s Steamed Kidney Beans
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsps. chipotle chile pepper powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsps. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic. Cook until heated through and onions are translucent.
- Add your ground beef. Once the meat is cooked, stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Garnish with your favorite chili toppings and serve.