Roasted Hatch Chiles + Grilled Cheese = WINNING COMBINATION!
Both Hatch Chile season and school has started and while the kids may not be too happy with the latter, they may enjoy it a little more knowing they could have a Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Hatch Chiles for lunch. After making these cheesy delights, you might end up buying Hatch Chiles by the box just so you could enjoy Hatch Chile Grilled Cheeses all year-round.
- Unsalted butter, softened
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces Mollie’s cheddar cheese, cut into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 1 Hatch Chile, roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded, and halved lengthwise
- Set a large pan over medium-high heat and add enough butter to lightly coast the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the cheese and chiles onto 2 of the bread slices.
- Top with the remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Cook the sandwiches on one side, turning after 5 minutes or when the first side is golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt.
- Cook the other side just until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Hatch Chiles are in all Mollie Stone’s Markets now! We will be having Hatch Chile Roast events throughout August and September. Check out the schedule and find out how to pre-order here.
Get more tasty Hatch Chile recipes from Melissa’s Hatch Chile Cookbook, available in stores now.
Be sure to share your favorite Hatch Chiles recipes with us in the comments below! Share your Hatch Chile Grilled Cheese Sandwich photos with us by posting onto our Facebook page or using the hashtag #CookingWithMollies on Instagram or Twitter.
Get all of your food staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.
Be sure to follow us on social media!
Happy Hatch Chile season!