If you are in need of a fast, easy dish for dinner, look no further than Shrimp & Grits. It’s only a matter of minutes before the sauteed shrimp is ready to serve over grits, which you can cook up quickly or even ahead of time.
Our recipe includes some Niman Ranch uncured ham for an instant savory flavor. There are endless variations for customizing this recipe, too. Two of our favorites additions are:
- Add a handful of grated cheddar cheese to the grits.
- Saute pine nuts or slivered almonds with the shrimp mixture.
Keep reading to get the recipe!
SHRIMP & GRITS
Mollie Stone’s Markets Original Recipe
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb Niman Ranch uncured ham, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Dash of red chili flakes, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, long stems removed to garnish
- 4 cups cooked grits
Saute the onions in olive oil until limp. Add the shrimp, ham and chili flakes and cook until shrimp turn pink. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide grits between 4 plates. Top with shrimp mixture and garnish with cilantro.