Did you know?
- Your intestines are home to over 100 trillion bacteria and other living microorganisms, called intestinal microflora.
- With approximately 70% of the immune system dwelling within the digestive system, these microflora have a significant effect on the body’s overall wellness.
- Stress, the natural aging process, changes in diet and antibiotics can significantly deplete beneficial intestinal microflora.
Probiotics can repopulate your intestine with beneficial bacteria. Keep reading for a few factoids and to learn how to win a free 6-month supply of GoodBelly Probiotic Juice Drinks.
Why do we need to supplement with probiotics when we’ve existed so long without them?
The industry’s modern standards of food safety limit the presence of bacteria in food – including many beneficial bacteria. While this has enabled us to have ready access to safe foods with longer shelf lives, it’s also produced a diet that’s deficient in naturally occurring beneficial bacteria.
In addition, while widespread use of various antimicrobial products (such as antibiotics, hand sanitizers, cleaning products) kill many pathogens, they also kill beneficial bacteria which limits our exposure to them. Probiotic supplementation helps to restore this balance.
When you find a product that says it contains “live and active cultures,” are you getting probiotics?
Probiotics are considered the heroes of beneficial “live and active cultures” because unlike the live and active cultures found in many products, probiotics are proven to survive beyond the stomach’s acidic environment in order to reach the intestine where they provide it provides a benefit. Look for products that use the word “probiotics” and identify the name of the probiotic strain as well as the probiotic count.
A delicious way to get your daily dose of probiotics is with GoodBelly Probiotic Juice Drinks. Formulated for daily digestive health*, GoodBelly contains 10-50 billion cultures of the probiotic strain Lactobacillus plantarum299v. GoodBelly is dairy-free, soy-free and vegan.
GoodBelly offers a satisfaction-guaranteed 12 Day Challenge. Sign up today to try probiotics with coupons, advice, and be entered to win a free 6-month supply of GoodBelly!
There are 2 steps required to enter for a free 6-month supply of GoodBelly:
1. Sign up for GoodBelly’s 12 Day Challenge. This can be done at Mollie Stone’s during one of the scheduled GoodBelly demos (dates and locations here) or by going to goodbelly.com/smiletrial.
2. Answer the following question in the Comments section below: What’s your favorite flavor for juice?
One entry per person. Employees of Mollie Stone’s and GoodBelly are not eligible for entry. No entries after Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:59pm. Winner will be selected at random on Monday, April 30, 2012.
*Some studies suggest that GoodBelly’s probiotics may help balance bacteria in your gut when consumed daily as part of a nutritious diet and healthy lifestyle. GoodBelly is a food product and not a treatment or cure for any medical disorder or disease. If you have any concerns about your digestive system, please consult your healthcare professional.