Mac and Cheese is a long-time favorite of millions of people. There’s something about this comfort food that not only brings us back to our childhood, but reminds us of how food can be simple and delicious. While I enjoy Mac and Cheese all year-round, Fall is one of my favorite times of year to enjoy this old-fashioned favorite. It can be eaten for lunch, dinner, at parties, and I’ll admit, I’ve had it for breakfast too! It’s sooo good! Get this flavorful recipe by reading more below:
- 1 package (or approximately 16 ounces) of elbow or rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups (or approximately 8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Truffle oil, optional
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to directions on package. Drain, set aside, and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, then add flour and stir to create a paste.
- Add milk and stir with whisk until it is the consistency of a thin gravy (add additional flour or milk if needed).
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add cooked pasta and stir until coated. Pour in casserole dish.
- Bake for about 55 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Lightly drizzle with truffle oil, if you so desire. Sprinkle with bread crumbles and bake for 5 minutes longer.
All ingredients available at your local Mollie Stone’s Markets. Locate your closest store here: http://bit.ly/MollieLocations
Don’t forget to share photos of your food creations with us by using the hashtag #CookingWithMollies on Instagram or Twitter.
Get all of your food staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.
Be sure to follow us on social media!