Thanksgiving is, perhaps, the biggest foodie holiday of the year. From the turkey to the savory sides to the dessert – it’s quite a celebration with tons of food! Those with dietary restrictions often don’t have a lot of options when it comes to food at holiday gatherings, so we’re sharing a super easy, semi-homemade recipe, that is both vegan and gluten-free!
Wholly Wholesome Gluten-Free Pie Shells (these are vegan too!)
- 2 3/4 cups Farmers Market pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (we’re using almond milk)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8-1/4 cup maple syrup (adjust to your liking)
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (adjust to your liking)
So Delicious Coco Whip (or your choice of non-dairy whipped cream)
- The Wholly Wholesome Pie Shells come frozen, so please allow time for them to defrost when you’re ready to start baking preparations.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend all of the pie filling ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour pie filling into the pie shell. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 60-65 minutes or until the pie crust is a light golden brown. The pie filling should only have a slight jiggle and cracks on the top when ready.
- Remove the pie from the oven carefully (it’s hot!) and let it cool.
- Cover then transfer to the refrigerator. Let it set overnight (at least 6 hours).
- Add the So Delicious Coco Whip or your favorite non-dairy whipped cream on top and enjoy!
What’s you favorite dessert to make for Thanksgiving? Share it with us in the comments below!
Words, recipe, & photography by: Teresita Santos