When you think of ramen, do you flash back to your college years, standing by your dorm room’s microwave readying yourself for the taste of cardboard noodles? Lucky for all of us today, that type of ramen is becoming a thing of the past.
Why should the ramen in a store taste different from the ramen in a ramen bar? That’s the question Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen asked themselves when starting their business in 2014. Their ramen is craft ramen for a new generation – insanely rich broth, organic ramen noodles, and simple, authentic ingredients. The “Good” in their name goes beyond the fantastic flavor of their craft ramen. They’re all about organic ramen noodles that are free of pesticides and other harmful chemicals. They’re also all about humane animal standards, non-GMO sourcing, no palm oil, using paper cups from certified sustainably-managed forests, and making their product right here in the California!
Society has been long accustomed to the idea of ramen being prepared in a cup inside of a microwave. However, ramen bars have been popping up all round the world, changing the way people think about this noodle dish. Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen is bringing that concept home with craft ramen you don’t have to leave your house to enjoy. I’m here with a super quick and even easier recipe you can make to step up your ramen game.
- 1 packet of Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen (we’re using the Savory Miso flavor)
- 4 oz of Mollie’s Rotisserie Chicken (available in our prepared foods section)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 2 pieces of dried/roasted seaweed
- Soft boil your egg in a boiling pot for water for about 7 minutes.
- Slice 4 ounces of Mollie’s Rotisserie Chicken.
- Wash and rinse the carrots and mushrooms. Feel free to sauté the mushrooms, if you wish, but it’s also great raw.
- Prepare Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen noodles and broth according to the package’s directions.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and enjoy!
Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen is available at Mollie Stone’s Markets.
Don’t forget to share photos of your food creations with Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen with us by using the hashtag #MikesMightyGood and #CookingWithMollies on Instagram or Twitter.
Get all of your food staples at Mollie Stone’s Markets or order delivery to your door through Instacart.
Words, recipe, & photography by: Teresita Santos