Think BEYOND MEAT® this 4th of July!
Meet The Future of Protein®. Beyond Meat believes there is a better way to feed the planet. Their mission is to create delicious plant-based burgers directly from plants and is more sustainable for the planet.
They aren’t in the business of asking people to not eat meat, they are just offering a better meat option: meat that’s made from plants, made for meat lovers.
Food For Thought
By shifting the protein at the center of the plate to plant-based meat, Beyond Meat hopes to use this one solution to positively impact four growing global issues associated with livestock production: human health, climate change, constraints on natural resources, and animal welfare.
Did you know?
Producing The Beyond Meat Burger vs a 1/4 lb. US beef burger uses:
- 99% Less Water
- 93% Less Land
- 90% Fewer GHGE (Green House Gas Emissions)
- 46% Less Energy
Try this Backyard BBQ Burger Recipe this Independence Day and be the talk of the block!
- 4 Beyond Burger Patties (2 packages)
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- 16oz. can BBQ Baked Beans
- 4 Brioche or Potato Hamburger Buns
- BBQ Sauce
- 1 head of Purple and Green Cabbage
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Pinches Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced
- Preheat and clean grill.
- Finely shred half of the purple and green cabbages and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add 2 shredded carrots along with your mustard, vinegar, vegan mayonnaise (optional) and season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Once finished, set aside in the refrigerator.
- Warm BBQ baked beans in a pot on a medium-low setting. Turn to simmer if they start to bubble.
- With your grill primed, grill the Beyond Burgers for 3 minutes per side. Internal temp should hit 165-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Top the burgers with Follow Your Heart cheddar cheese.
- Now it’s time to assemble your burger. With your toasted buns, first apply a layer of BBQ Baked beans on the bottom bun. Then add your Beyond Burger and coleslaw. Finish the burger off with a drizzle of BBQ sauce and garnish with thinly sliced Jalapeños.
Get all these ingredients and more delivered in as little as 1 hour!
Come try the Future of Protein for yourself. Find Beyond Meat in all of our stores today!