We’re feeling a little devilish this Friday the 13th!
We think it’s the perfect day for some Hatch Chile Deviled Eggs!
- 12 Fresh Eggs
- ½ cup Real Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons New Mexico Hatch Pepper Powder (chiles dried and ground)
- Place the eggs in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover the eggs by 1-inch. Over high flame, bring the eggs and water to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat, cover and let sit for exactly 17 minutes.
- Next, transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water. Bring the water back to a boil. Place 6 eggs back into the boiling water and cook for 10 seconds, then return them to the ice water.
- Repeat for the other 6 eggs.
- When cool carefully peeled the eggs and rinse them.
- Split each egg in half, lengthwise, and remove the yolk. Place the yolks in a mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash the yolks. Add the mayonnaise and the rest of the ingredients, except for the Hatch Pepper powder to the egg yolks. Mix well until creamy.
- Pipe the yolk mixture into the egg white halves, sprinkle with the Hatch Pepper powder and place in the refrigerator until time of service.
- Makes 24 deviled eggs
Note: The egg boiling technique was adapted from Julia Child.
#molliestones #hatchchile #hatchchileroast @melissasproduce
Have you placed your pre-order yet?
Reserve your box of Roasted Hatch Chiles today!