It’s football season and it’s time to put a Mollie Stone’s twist on a game day classic, pork ribs! Select from a wide array of pork ribs in our Meat Department then swing on by our Beer Aisles and get a case of our very own Kölschlaboration beer to use in the recipe below for a total touchdown!
Serves 2 – 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-2.5 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion (white or yellow)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 12 ounces of Mollie Stone’s Kölschlaboration Beer (Click here to learn more about this one of a kind Beer)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a dutch oven or large pot, add olive oil. Heat on medium high heat.
- Pat pork ribs dry with paper towel, then rub them with dry mustard, pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Add ribs to dutch oven, allow to sear in oil for about 3 minutes each side. Do not move them around once they’re placed, allow them to sear in the same spot for the 3-4 minutes, Then they should turn easily. Sear each side of the rib for 3 minutes.
- Remove ribs from dutch oven and place on a plate to rest.
- Add celery, onion, and carrot. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until slightly softened and browned. Stir frequently, scraping up any bits of pork or oil stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Return the pork ribs to the pan, then add beer, chicken stock and whole grain mustard to the pot. Stir lightly to combine. Place pot in oven, uncovered, and bake at 300 degrees F for 2.5 hours on middle rack.
- Serve and Enjoy
Find all these ingredients and more at your local Mollie Stone’s Markets today!