We love pizza at Mollie Stone’s but we also LOVE our Hatch Chiles and this recipe let’s us enjoy the best of both worlds!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2 – 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 tsps. instant yeast
- 1 1⁄2 tsps. granulated sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsps. Mollie O Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
*Or save yourself some prep time and visit your local Mollie Stone’s Markets and pick up some freshly made Mollie’s pizza dough in our Deli!
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 Hatch peppers, roasted; peeled; seeded; julienned
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded 1⁄2 tsp. Melissa’s Hatch Powder Pepperoni slices
- Baby roma tomatoes, halved Fresh oregano leaves
- Fresh basil, torn
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500° F.
- In a standing mixer, add flour (reserve some), yeast, sugar, garlic, dried oregano, olive oil, water and salt, then mix. Add more salt and flour as needed, until the dough is only slightly sticky.
- Form and roll the dough out on a well-floured surface. Do not let the dough rise. To ensure the dough doesn’t form air pockets, use a fork to prick the dough all around.
- Spread the marinara over the pizza dough and sprinkle with cheese and oregano. Add your desired amount of Hatch, pepperoni and tomatoes over the pizza and place into the oven. Bake until the pizza is slightly charred all over, rotating it every few minutes so it cooks evenly.
- Garnish with torn fresh basil, cut and serve.