Pop on over to our San Bruno and Burlingame stores this weekend for Round 2 of our Hatch Chile Roasts!
- San Bruno: 22 Bayhill Shopping Center (8.24)
- Burlingame: 1477 Chapin Avenue (8.25)
Get your hands on some Roasted Hatch Chiles to create these Hatch Chile Jalapeño Shrimp Poppers!
- 1/2 pound Fresh Raw Shrimp — peeled; deveined
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 3 Melissa’s New Mexico Hatch Peppers — roasted ; peeled; diced
- 4 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese — grated
- 16 large Jalapeño Chile Peppers
- Prepare a hot grill and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and season with salt and pepper. Grill until opaque, about 1-2 minutes. Turn the shrimp and repeat. Remove from the grill and let cool.
- When cooled, chop the shrimp. In a bowl, combine the shrimp, Hatch Peppers and cheese until well mixed. Make an incision lengthwise in each jalapeño and carefully remove the seeds and veins.
- Carefully fill each pepper with the shrimp mixture. Place the peppers on a lightly oiled baking sheet. I use cooking spray. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until the jalapeño peppers begin to get tender. Serve hot.
- Makes about 8-10 servings.
*Note: It is a good idea to wear disposable gloves when working with chile peppers.
#molliestones #hatchchile #hatchchileroast @melissasproduce
Have you placed your pre-order yet?
Reserve your box of Roasted Hatch Chiles today!